VIII Congress of Vavilov Society of Geneticists and Breeders
The Congress is to be held from the 14th to 19th of June, 2024 in Saratov, Russia (Saratov State University).
Within the Congress various plenary sessions, symposiums and poster sessions are designed to show a wide range of contemporary trends in genetics and breeding, including medical and agricultural genetics, symbiogenetics, genomics, transcriptomics, proteomics, bioinformatics, systems biology and the history of genetics.
- Sharing experience between Russian and foreign specialists and raising public awareness about the implementing of various researches in genetics and breeding in the Russian Federation;
- Development and strengthening of relationships between the universities and academic organizations;
- Discussion of integrated interdisciplinary projects of fundamental and applied researches in the field of genetics and breeding;
- Popularization of genetic and breeding achievements;
- Development of international professional contacts in the field of genetics and breeding.
The scientific program of the Congress includes presentations by more than 250 plenary and symposium speakers on the main scientific areas of genetics and breeding.
Abstracts can be submitted after registration. All submitted abstracts will be reviewed by the Programme Committee after the registration fee is paid. Accepted abstracts will be included to the electronic book of the Congress Proceedings, which will be afterwards provided to the participants of the Congress in electronic form, and also will be available for downloading via the official website after the Congress. The authors of accepted abstracts will be provided with the opportunity to present the oral report (a limited number of participants, selected by the Programme Committee from the early-bird registrants) or poster presentation.
Congress languages are Russian and English.
Congress will be held offline.
The e-mail address of the Organizing Committee: firstname.lastname@example.org
Looking forward to meeting at the VIII Congress of VOGiS,
The Organizing Committee